This article aims to help the reader in case he has lost/misplaced his Aadhar card or has not received it yet.
Aadhar Card has become an essential document for every citizen of India. The present Government is putting continuous efforts to make Aadhar Card as the most potent document and a single identity proof for everyone. With Aadhar card becoming a necessity and linking it with our mobile numbers and bank account as mandatory, it is very crucial that everyone should have knowledge about some key aspects related to our Aadhar card. In case any person has lost or misplaced his Aadhar he can undertake the following steps to get a duplicate Aadhar card. The steps are simple and could be easily completed online by the owner of the Aadhar card himself and without going through any tedious and lengthy procedures.
The only requirement is that the owner must have the same mobile number or email id as has been registered with the Aadhar card. This is important because he would receive an OTP on his registered mobile number in order to retrieve the Aadhar card.
HOW TO GET A DUPLICATE COPY OF YOUR LOST AADHAAR CARD
- Log on to www. Uidai.gov.in to get the duplicate copy of the aadhar which is available under the header ‘Aadhaar Online Service’ of the site.
- Under the header, the ‘Aadhar Online Service’ one has to click on the option of ‘Retrieve Lost UID/EID’, where you will be directed to another web page.
- After this, you will have to fill in all such details as will be required. You will have to enter your Full Name, your registered mobile number and your email address. There will be security code shown below, enter that code and after that click on the option of ‘Get OTP’.
- After this, you will receive a one time password on your registered mobile number/ email address. Enter the OTP delivered to you on your phone/email address and the click on the option of ‘Verify OTP’.
- Once the OTP is verified as correct by the software, you will receive your Aadhaar number or enrollment ID on your registered mobile number/email id, whichever has been mentioned by you in the first place.
- The next step would be to go to the website https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and go to the option of “I Have” and select either “Aadhar” or “Enrollment ID” whichever is appropriate.
- After that you will again be directed to a webpage where you will be required to fill the following details- Full name, registered mobile number/ email ID, Pin code, Aadhar number/enrollment number, security pin and finally click on the option of “Get OTP”.
- Enter the OTP delivered to your registered mobile number/ email ID and in the “ENTER OTP” box and click on the option of validate and download.
- Through this, you will be able to download the e-copy of your Aadhaar card. A PDF document will get downloaded on the computer from which you have completed the online procedure. Once you open the PDF document you will be required to enter a password.
- Enter your pin code provided in the Aadhaar card as your password. After this, you will be able to have access to your e-Aadhaar card which you can get it printed.
This way you will be able to retrieve your Aadhaar card. This procedure is quite convenient and economical and can be easily done by the owner himself.
REMEDIES IN CASE YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR AADHAAR CARD YET
One of the most common problems faced by the citizens in case of Aadhar card is that they have not received their Aadhaar card although they have applied it before. But this problem could easily be dealt by following the necessary steps. If you have applied for the Aadhaar card before 1st April 2012 then you should apply again. In case you have applied it recently then you will be able to receive it through the UDAI online portal. You can also check the status of your Aadhaar card by visiting the online portal. HOW TO DOWNLOAD E-AADHAAR
- Go to the UDAI website where you will find an option of ‘Aadhaar Services’ where you can go to the ‘E-Aadhaar link’. For this, you need to either have the acknowledgment slip that was provided to you while you submitted your documents at the Aadhar enrollment centre or your Aadhaar number.
- If you have your acknowledgement slip with you, select the enrollment ID option.
- The acknowledgment slip will have the details of your enrollment id and the details of the time and place when the slip was generated. All these details will constitute a 28-digit number; 14 digits of enrollments ID and 14 digits of the time and the place. For example, if your slip was generated on 27the August, 2016- the 14 digits would be- 27/08/2016 11:20:15.
- After this you will be required to fill in the following details- your Full Name, registered mobile number, pin code of the address provided for the aadhaar and the security code as provided. Click on the option of “GET OTP”
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, enter the OTP received and click on the option of “Validate and Download”
- A PDF document will be available then, that will require a password. Enter the pin code that you have provided in your Aadhaar details as the password.
You will get an e-copy of your Aadhaar Card which you can get printed.
You can seek help from certain Official Government helplines if you face any other problems related to your Aadhaar card.
Call center number- 1800 180 1947
Email id- firstname.lastname@example.org